Data protection declaration and consentsTable of contents
1. Objectives and responsible body
2. Basic information on data processing
3. Processing of personal data
4. Collection of access data
5. Cookies & range measurement
6. Google Analytics
7. Google Re/Marketing Services
8. Facebook Social Plugins
9. Facebook Remarketing
11. Integration of third-party services and content
12. User rights and deletion
1. Objectives and responsible bodyThis data protection declaration clarifies the type, scope and purpose of the processing (including collection, processing and use as well as obtaining consent) of personal data within our online offering and the websites, functions and content associated with it (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “online offering” or "Website"). The data protection declaration applies regardless of the domains, systems, platforms and devices used (e.g. desktop or mobile) on which the online offering is run. The provider of the online offering and the body responsible for data protection is Edisson Stellwerkost GmbH, Bahnhofstrasse 16, 9630 Wattwil, Switzerland (hereinafter referred to as “Provider”, “we” or “us”). For contact options, please refer to our legal notice. The term “user” includes all customers and visitors to our online offering. The terms used, such as “user,” are to be understood as gender-neutral.
2. Basic information on data processingWe only process users' personal data in compliance with the relevant data protection regulations in accordance with the principles of data economy and data avoidance. This means that user data will only be processed if there is legal permission, in particular if the data is necessary for the provision of our contractual services and online services, or is required by law, or if consent is given. We take organizational, contractual and technical security measures in accordance with the state of the art to ensure that the provisions of data protection laws are adhered to and to protect the data processed by us against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or access by unauthorized persons protect. If content, tools or other means from other providers (hereinafter collectively referred to as “third-party providers”) are used within the scope of this data protection declaration and whose headquarters are abroad, it can be assumed that data is transferred to the countries where the third-party providers are based . The transfer of data to third countries takes place either on the basis of legal permission, user consent or special contractual clauses that guarantee the security of the data as required by law.
3. Processing of personal dataIn addition to the use expressly stated in this data protection declaration, the personal data will be processed for the following purposes on the basis of legal permissions or consent of the users: - The provision, execution, maintenance, optimization and security of our services, services and user benefits; - Ensuring effective customer service and technical support. We only transmit user data to third parties if this is necessary for billing purposes (e.g. to a payment service provider) or for other purposes if these are necessary to fulfill our contractual obligations to users (e.g. address notification to suppliers). When you contact us (via contact form or email), the user's information is stored for the purpose of processing the request and in the event that follow-up questions arise. Personal data will be deleted provided that it has fulfilled its intended purpose and there are no retention obligations to prevent deletion.
4. Collection of access dataWe collect data about every access to the server on which this service is located (so-called server log files). The access data includes the name of the website accessed, file, date and time of access, amount of data transferred, notification of successful access, browser type and version, the user's operating system, referrer URL (the previously visited page), IP address and the requesting provider . We use the log data without assigning it to the user or other profiling in accordance with legal regulations only for statistical evaluations for the purpose of operation, security and optimization of our online offering. However, we reserve the right to subsequently check the log data if there is reasonable suspicion of unlawful use based on concrete evidence.
8. Facebook Social PluginsOur online offering uses social plugins ("plugins") from the social network facebook.com, which is operated by Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland ("Facebook"). The plugins can be recognized by one of the Facebook logos (white "f" on a blue tile, the terms "Like", "Like" or a "thumbs up" sign) or are marked with the addition "Facebook Social Plugin". The list and appearance of the Facebook social plugins can be viewed here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/ . When a user accesses a function of this online offering that contains such a plugin, their device establishes a direct connection to the Facebook servers. The content of the plugin is transmitted by Facebook directly to the user's device and integrated into the online offering. User usage profiles can be created from the processed data. We therefore have no influence on the amount of data that Facebook collects with the help of this plugin and therefore inform users according to our level of knowledge. By integrating the plugins, Facebook receives the information that a user has accessed the corresponding page of the online offering. If the user is logged in to Facebook, Facebook can assign the visit to their Facebook account. When users interact with the plugins, for example by clicking the Like button or leaving a comment, the corresponding information is transmitted from your device directly to Facebook and stored there. If a user is not a member of Facebook, there is still the possibility that Facebook will find out and store their IP address. According to Facebook, only an anonymized IP address is stored in Germany. The purpose and scope of data collection and the further processing and use of the data by Facebook as well as the related rights and setting options to protect the privacy of users can be found in Facebook's data protection information: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/ . If a user is a Facebook member and does not want Facebook to collect data about them via this online offering and link it to their member data stored on Facebook, they must log out of Facebook and delete their cookies before using our online offering. Further settings and objections to the use of data for advertising purposes are possible within the Facebook profile settings: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=ads or via the US website http://www.aboutads.info /choices/ or the EU site http://www.youronlinechoices.com/ . The settings are platform-independent, meaning they are applied to all devices, such as desktop computers or mobile devices.
9. Facebook RemarketingWithin our online offering, so-called “Facebook pixels” from the social network Facebook, which is operated by Facebook Inc., 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA, or if you are based in the EU, Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland ("Facebook"). With the help of the Facebook pixel, Facebook is able to determine the visitors to our offer as a target group for the display of advertisements, so-called “Facebook Ads”. Accordingly, we use the Facebook pixel to only show the Facebook ads we place to those Facebook users who have shown an interest in our website. This means that with the help of the Facebook pixel we want to ensure that our Facebook ads correspond to the potential interest of the users and do not appear annoying. With the help of the Facebook pixel, we can also track the effectiveness of Facebook advertisements for statistical and market research purposes by seeing whether users were redirected to our website after clicking on a Facebook advertisement. The Facebook pixel is integrated directly by Facebook when you visit our website and can store a so-called cookie, i.e. a small file, on your device. If you then log in to Facebook or visit Facebook while logged in, your visit to our website will be noted in your profile. The data collected about you is anonymous to us, so it does not allow us to draw any conclusions about the identity of the user. However, the data is stored and processed by Facebook so that a connection to the respective user profile is possible. The processing of data by Facebook takes place within the framework of Facebook's data usage policy. Accordingly, you can find further information on how the remarketing pixel works and generally on the display of Facebook ads in Facebook's data usage policy: https://www.facebook.com/policy.php . You can object to the collection by the Facebook pixel and the use of your data to display Facebook ads. To do this, you can access the page set up by Facebook and follow the instructions on the settings for usage-based advertising: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=ads or object via the US website http://www. aboutads.info/choices/ or the EU site http://www.youronlinechoices.com/ explain. The settings are platform-independent, meaning they are applied to all devices, such as desktop computers or mobile devices.
11. Integration of third-party services and contentIt may happen that content or services from third-party providers, such as city maps or fonts from other websites, are integrated into our online offering. The integration of content from third-party providers always requires that the third-party providers perceive the user's IP address, as without the IP address they would not be able to send the content to the user's browser. The IP address is therefore required to display this content. Furthermore, the providers of third-party content can set their own cookies and process user data for their own purposes. User usage profiles can be created from the processed data. We will use this content as data-efficiently and as data-avoiding as possible and will choose reliable third-party providers with regard to data security. The following presentation provides an overview of third-party providers and their content, along with links to their data protection declarations, which contain further information on the processing of data and, in some cases already mentioned here, objection options (so-called opt-out): - External fonts from Google, Inc., https://www.google.com/fonts (“Google Fonts”). The integration of Google Fonts occurs through a server call at Google (usually in the USA). Data protection declaration: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/ , opt-out: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/ . - Maps from the “Google Maps” service provided by the third-party provider Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. Data protection declaration: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/ , opt-out: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/ . - Videos from the “YouTube” platform of the third-party provider Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. Data protection declaration: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/ , opt-out: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/ . Payment service provider: Wallee; customweb GmbH, General-Guisan-Strasse 47, CH-8400 Winterthur https://wallee.com/privacy_policy.html , Stripe; 185 Berry Street, Suite 550 San Francisco, CA 94107 https://stripe.com/ch/privacy , Paypal; PayPal Pte. Ltd., 5 Temasek Boulevard, #09-01 Suntec Tower Five, Singapore 038985 https://www.paypal.com/ch/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
12. User rights and deletion of dataUsers have the right, upon request, to receive information free of charge about the personal data that we have stored about them. In addition, users have the right to correct incorrect data, revoke consent, block and delete their personal data, as well as the right to lodge a complaint with the responsible supervisory authority in the event that unlawful data processing is suspected. The data we store will be deleted as soon as it is no longer required for its intended purpose and deletion does not conflict with any legal retention obligations.
As of: May 2020